September 20-23rd, 2018
ResourcesThings to help with planning
Kennels nearby the Ohio Lesbian Festival!
Traveling with pets? Find the perfect place to board your animals near the Ohio Lesbian Festival!
Groveport Canal Animal Hospital https://groveportvet.com/
Slate Run Kennels http://slaterunkennels.com/Slate_Run_Kennels/Welcome.html
Fuzzz Playground https://fuzzzplayground.com/
Pet Palace – Columbus Airport https://www.petpalaceresort.com/locations/pet-palace-columbus-ohio/
Stay nearby for the Ohio Lesbian Festival!
Not a fan of camping? Not a problem!
Here is a list of hotels and motels which are near the festival venue. We encourage you to read online reviews and ratings and ask questions of any lodging that you are considering – we are not affiliated with nor do we endorse any of these lodging options.
- Hampton Inn Suites Columbus Scioto Downs
- Budget Inn Columbus, Lockbourne
- Baymont Inns & Suites Columbus/Rickenbacker
- Holiday Inn Express Columbus South – Obetz
- Quality Inn & Suites South/Obetz
- Best Western Canal Winchester Inn – Columbus South East
7.Holiday Inn Express & Suites – Columbus Southeast
- Woodspring Suites Columbus Southeast
- Kozy Inn Columbus
Are you headed to Ohio Lesbian Festival in September?
Consider joining our Ride Board facebook page~whether you want to offer a ride, find a ride or just split gas/travel costs , join the page to start your planning now! The board may also be helpful if you want company on your long drive or need a ride to/from the airport.
Follow link below to the page and our moderators will add you.
LBA/OLF are not responsible for vetting members of the Ride Board, or for any issues that may arise from a ride share arrangement. As with all aspects of life nowadays, we encourage you to be safe about sharing your private information. While we will moderate as best as we can to address concerns, we encourage you to reach out to any of the moderators should you encounter any issues. Please share this with only womyn that you know will be or are planning to attend the festival.
We look forward to seeing you at Ohio Lesbian Festival, so START planning now!
You can also check on gas prices where you live or on your route – this is good everywhere in the USA and Canada! http://www.gasbuddy.com/
What to bring to the Ohio Lesbian Festival!
You should bring:
- Your festival tickets and directions to Hoover Y Park *link to directions on FAQ*
- Tent/RV (remember your RV must be pre-registered)
- Camping gear (sleeping bag, pillow, air mattress & pump etc)
- Earplugs – if you’re a light sleeper. If you’re extra sensitive to noise do not camp in/near the O-Zone
- Shower supplies, toiletries, sunscreen and personal medications
- Comfortable footwear – boots, sandals, tennis shoes and bare feet are all acceptable.
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Water bottle/cup/container to carry water from water source to your campsite
- A watch – you don’t want to miss a special workshop or the arm wrestling tournament
- Low beach-style chairs, if you want to sit up close to the stage
- Regular height chairs, if you like to sit back from the stage and take it all in
- Ground Blanket for lounging at your campsite or at the stage
- Notebook/journal and pens for workshops
- If you’re a smoker make sure to bring a container for your cigarette butts (small tins)
- Money for food trucks, festival merchandise and to spend in the vendor’s area
- Variety of clothing – there may be hot, sunny days with a cool evenings and nights. Bring layers. Fun and crazy costumes are welcome, we invite you to dress up (or down) as you want in this safe space.
- A beautiful, loving attitude and your readiness for a fabulous womyn-only weekend.
You can bring:
- Campstove/ grill /food – if you prefer to cook at your campsite. Ice is available for sale at the Cafe.
- Address labels – for all the raffle tickets you’ll want to buy at the General Store
- Solar charger for phone
Do not bring:
- Men and boys over 6 years of age
- Animals – only registered assistance animals (one per person) are allowed on the festival grounds and you must register your animal at the Box Office upon arrival.
- A bad attitude or a closed mind
- Music with male voices