2017 Ohio Lesbian Festival Workshops Information
Announcing the 2017 Ohio Lesbian Festival Workshops
Below are 2 ways to view the Workshop schedule.
Over 50 workshops have been created by our community, please look over and plan your schedule.
Schedule will be updated as it gets closer to 2017 Festival.
At this time we are taking applications for workshop submissions (See below)
Attending 2017 Workshops
- Workshops are a wonderful way to share our experiences and our truths.
- They are a place to connect with womyn, learn new skills and hear new ideas.
- Workshop Central will be a place to find all workshops and times. Will also be the location for any updates, last minute additions, or cancellations for any workshops.
- A place to be curious and make mistakes. Grab your chair, come alone or with friends, and ask lots of questions!
- Don’t forget to ask permission before you take any pictures!
2017 Ohio Lesbian Festival Workshop Guidelines
- Come share your knowledge, expertise, and passion with other womyn at the 2017 Ohio Lesbian Festival by leading a workshop at the Lesbian University (held Friday, Saturday, and Sunday during the Festival). We invite you to fill out the application and submit your workshop proposal
- .Once we receive your workshop registration we assume that you will be purchasing a ticket and attending the event.Festival admission is not waived for general workshop presenters.
We welcome womyn to apply for a rate reduction if they are economically unable to attend without assistance. Please see the Reduced Rate Application on the Tickets page for information on how to apply for a reduced rate ticket.
We truly value the time and passion each presenter invests in their workshop.To honor the effort that goes into the preparation and delivery of a workshop, each presenter will receive a $10 voucher that will be accepted by the Festival General Store, the kitchen or for cash. Upon completion of your workshop at its scheduled time, just come to Workshop Central to receive your voucher. If you present more than one workshop or multiple sessions of a workshop, you may receive up to four vouchers.If you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can cancel your workshop. Workshops are held (rain or shine).Occasionally a workshop presenter will have books, records, crafts or other items that they have created and want to make available to the womyn of the Festival. It is important to know that no items can be sold at a workshop or anywhere at the Festival outside of the Vendor area. You can apply for a vendor booth to sell your products if they meet general Vendor area guidelines. Vendor information is available HERE
Scheduling your workshop and getting it into the Program:
Please use one workshop form per workshop – all of your information is important to us! If we receive your workshop application by August 5th, we will schedule your workshop and include it in the Festival Program.If we receive your application after August 5th, your workshop will be scheduled but we cannot guarantee that it will be included in the Festival Program. The womyn attending the Festival will learn about workshops scheduled after the program is printed via posted notices near workshop areas and at Workshop Central.While at the Festival, if you decide want to schedule an additional workshop or to reschedule your workshop, please speak with the Workshop Coordinator and they will be happy to assist you. If it is raining, workshops are held where scheduled unless the Workshop Coordinator can make alternate arrangements. IMPORTANT: If you need to CANCEL your workshop – even at the last minute – please let the Coordinator know. Please do not take this lightly! It is extremely important that you take responsibility to tell the staff that you will be canceling. Please remember that womyn make a significant effort to get to the workshop areas on time and the information you are sharing might mean a great deal to them. If you cancel without due notice or don’t show up, it will not only disappoint the womyn who want to attend your workshop, it will also affect our ability to schedule your future workshops.
Materials and Supplies:Available by Request
•chair for presenter
•drinking water for presenter
•bucket of water for crafts activities (request in application)
•Electricity (request in application)
•Covered space (request in application, limited covered spaces available) Not Available:
• running water
• chairs or drinking water for participants
• wooden floors or indoor spaceWorkshop Information for applicationTitle: Choose a clear and descriptive one to five-word title for the Program.Description: Give a brief (30-word maximum!) description of your workshop including its format (lecture, discussion, active participation) for the Festival Program’s workshop descriptions. If you have presented this workshop or one like it at previous Festivals, please let us know approximately how many attendees you have had in the past. Also, please indicate if your workshop would benefit from quiet space or if your group is likely to be loud. Workshop Locations: Workshops are held (rain or shine) in areas that could be in an open field or along a tree line (some areas will not be shaded) with varying degrees of privacy. Every effort will be made to separate noisy and quiet workshops. However, some sound overlap may occur. Length: Workshops will be scheduled Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, with start times from 10:00 am. to 5:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Sunday. . Most workshops are one to two hours but you can request longer if you feel your subject or activity warrants it. All efforts will be made to accommodate your request, but timing/scheduling and location limitations will be a factor in when and where we can schedule your presentation.
Frequency: Most womyn present their workshop once during the Festival. However, attendees often request that presenters offer workshops twice so that they can have more flexibility in their schedule. If you want to offer your workshop twice, we will do our best to fit both times into the schedule.
Audio Visual Material: If your workshop requires audio-visual equipment, please fill out the application with that information. We cannot provide equipment for any media presentation, but we can try to accommodate space or electric for your set up. There are a limited number of spaces for media workshops so please state your needs and we will try to help in that process.
Special Needs: If, as a facilitator, you have special needs such as a sign language interpreter for yourself (womynattending your workshop who need an interpreter can arrange this at Home Base before the workshop), please describe your need on the application and we will do our best to accommodate you.
BE ADVISED THAT NO ANIMALS ARE ALLOWED ON THE LAND. ONLY RECOGNIZED COMPANION OR ASSISTANCE DOGS WILL BE PERMITTED ACCESS.
Complete the Workshop application by August 28th,2017